[SOLVED] Can i control the fan lighting using only the controller provided without connecting the 3pin ARGB connector from the hub?

akmalnyer364

Commendable
Apr 15, 2018
Hye, Im planning to buy RGB fans for my pc. But I recently know that my mobo(MSI B360M PRO-VH) doesn't have the ARGB connector. Can I just ignore the ARGB cable and only power the fan with the Molex cable and the hub? Can the light still be controllable?I'm actually confused with the ARGB function.

is the ARGB cable that connected to the mobo is used to sync with the mobo RGB?

Edit : Thank you for helping me!

Last edited:
Solution
You can buy fans that come with a remote control or their some hubs that let you use your reset switch on the case to change the color.
Hye, Im planning to buy RGB fans for my pc. But I recently know that my mobo(MSI B360M PRO-VH) doesn't have the ARGB connector. Can I just ignore the ARGB cable and only power the fan with the Molex cable and the hub? Can the light still be controllable?I'm actually confused with the ARGB function.

is the ARGB cable that connected to the mobo is used to sync with the mobo RGB?
RGB and ARGB are separate from fan motor power and you can run and control it without any light.
To turn on and control lights you need to connect them to suitable RGB headers on MB or or separate controller.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B360M-PRO-VH#down-bios
I don't see any RGB or ARGB headers on the MB. If that's true you would need a separate RGB or ARGB (not same thing) to control lights on the fans.

akmalnyer364

Commendable
Apr 15, 2018
RGB and ARGB are separate from fan motor power and you can run and control it without any light.
To turn on and control lights you need to connect them to suitable RGB headers on MB or or separate controller.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B360M-PRO-VH#down-bios
I don't see any RGB or ARGB headers on the MB. If that's true you would need a separate RGB or ARGB (not same thing) to control lights on the fans.
So when you say "separate RGB or ARGB" you mean the hub?