[SOLVED] Can I create a system image in windows 10 for all drives?

Dec 16, 2020
Hello, my cousin has a gaming center and he asked me if I can format his PCs but the problem is he has some games installed in Drive C where also windows is installed and some games in another drive, and it would be pain in the back side to install all those games again, I was wondering if it is possible to create an image of both drives so I an reinstall windows with all the games? If yes do I need additional software if yes which? Thanks for your help .

Solution
They all have same manufacturer, same BIOS, same OS except some PCs have faster CPUs than the other, the games are all free to play and OS licensing is no problem
OK then.

Look into Sysprep for the OS drive.
For the secondary drive, you can make an baseline Image in Macrium, and then apply that to each system as applicable.

You might even be able to use a Macrium Image the C drive as well.
Look into ReDeploy.
http://reflect.macrium.com/help/v5/how_to/redeploy/redeploy_a_system_to_new_hardware.htm

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello, my cousin has a gaming center and he asked me if I can format his PCs but the problem is he has some games installed in Drive C where also windows is installed and some games in another drive, and it would be pain in the ass to install all those games again, I was wondering if it is possible to create an image of both drives so I an reinstall windows with all the games? If yes do I need additional software if yes which? Thanks for your help .
If all the PC's have the same exact hardware I would use 2 drives and clone the drives he has. If one failed you should just be able to pop in the cloned drive and keep going.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, my cousin has a gaming center and he asked me if I can format his PCs but the problem is he has some games installed in Drive C where also windows is installed and some games in another drive, and it would be pain in the ass to install all those games again, I was wondering if it is possible to create an image of both drives so I an reinstall windows with all the games? If yes do I need additional software if yes which? Thanks for your help .
What are you/he actually trying to do?

"Format" suggests an OS reinstall. If so, that requires a reinstall of, at the very least, everything that is on the C drive.
An "image" of the drive would include the OS as well.

So, what are you actually wanting to do?

Dec 16, 2020
What are you/he actually trying to do?

"Format" suggests an OS reinstall. If so, that requires a reinstall of, at the very least, everything that is on the C drive.
An "image" of the drive would include the OS as well.

So, what are you actually wanting to do?
his pc's are full of viruses because he didn't use anything like deep freeze or something similar and I was thinking after formating 1 pc installing games on it and then cloning that and formating other pcs with that clone and install deep freeze

USAFRet

Titan
They all have same manufacturer, same BIOS, same OS except some PCs have faster CPUs than the other, the games are all free to play and OS licensing is no problem
OK then.

Look into Sysprep for the OS drive.
For the secondary drive, you can make an baseline Image in Macrium, and then apply that to each system as applicable.

You might even be able to use a Macrium Image the C drive as well.
Look into ReDeploy.
http://reflect.macrium.com/help/v5/how_to/redeploy/redeploy_a_system_to_new_hardware.htm

Solution