Can I create another System Reserved Partition ?

roasted

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
I recently had some troubles, I accidentally deleted the boot file with EasyBCD, because I chose an option called Reset BCD Configuration, because I had some Windows entries in the boot file, which I had already deleted (WXP and W7) My system originally being W7, then upgraded to W10.

Anyways, I put a W10 usb to fix the boot, the tool with the recovery options couldn't solve the issue, I kept getting the error unable to copy boot files or something of some sort (by using diskpart, then cmd, then bcdboot c:windows, I kept getting errors) until I fixed it and somehow ended up getting the system to boot from THE USB DRIVE, so once I got access to the system, I went to EasyBCD again and deleted the wrong boot entry, which was booting from F: (The Windows 10 usb) and made it boot from C:.

Now my partitions look like this:
R4ZZRqn.png

Notice that C: Has the attributes that System Reserved should have, 'System' and 'Active'

I know this shouldn't be this way, so my question is, can I make the System Reserved partition 'System' and 'Active' again ? I've already tried doing it by going into diskpart, selecting the system reserved partition as active, and when I try to rebuild the BCD files in it, it won't let me. It simply just gives me an error "bcdboot unable to copy boot files" and I have to go back to the CMD in recovery and mark partition C; (Where OS and all my files are) as active.

Help would be much appreciated, I don't want to mess up my boot again !. Thanks in advance.

roasted

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014

Ok got you.
So that being said, what could be the issue of having the System and Active attributes on the same partition ?? So far I've had no issues. I read somewhere that in the future I won't be able to install Windows 10 feature updates, or OS upgrades.