Can I crossfire a Fury with a FuryX

Cody__

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
I'm looking to buy the XFX liquid cooled FuryX GPU and was wondering; if i wanted to push out the extra cash if could go with the mildly cheaper Fury to set up a crossfire in the future?

Solution
i guess i never really thought about it. for nvidia you cannot sli a 970 with a 980. but i would imagine if you crossfire a furyx with a fury then the furyx would disable its own core, shader, tmus, etc down to the fury core counts. far less than ideal, if thats the case.
the non x fury has 3584/224/64 setup while the furyx has a 4096/256/64 setup.

someone please correct me if im wrong and link sources please.... but for sli or crossfire both cards need to have the same core unit specs.... at least in the past and to my knowledge that has not changed.

so your answer is no, unless something has changed and amd has magically made this a change with the figi architecture.

doubletake

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012

You're about 5 generations off lol. Mixed GPU CFX has been a thing since Evergreen.

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Not a bad idea, you can have the fury x in the slot by cpu or whichever gets hotter and the fury also trying to perform cool and fast.

The fury x will be coming down in performance to match the fury so you'll want the max performance out of your fury card to achieve the fastest crossfire.

i guess i never really thought about it. for nvidia you cannot sli a 970 with a 980. but i would imagine if you crossfire a furyx with a fury then the furyx would disable its own core, shader, tmus, etc down to the fury core counts. far less than ideal, if thats the case.

Solution