Can I Crossfire asrock z68 with Radeon HD7950

thugxcaliber

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Last year I purchased my first "gaming computer" with the hopes of being able to upgrade it in the future. With the announcement of PS4 and the next generation of consoles just around the corner I am expecting quite a few more graphically demanding games on the horizon and would like to think about upgrading my rig.

As of now I am running:

Intel i5-2500k 3.3Ghz
16GB Kingston Hyper-x4 DDR3
ASrock z68 xtreme4 Gen 3 mobo
Radeon 7950 3GB
850W Power supply

OC'd and running graphically intensive games (Battlefield 3, Crysis 3, Planetside 2) I am getting temps no hotter than 71 degrees C.

I was wondering if my rig would allow/support me to purchase a second 7950 and allow me to crossfire for better graphical fidelity while maintaining a safe core temp with adequate power.

I am new to the idea of customizable pcs and am more of a newbie when it comes to the deeper technical understandings of components but will do my best to answer any questions you may have in an attempt to assist me.

Thank you for any and all assistance you may be able to give me in this matter.

plasmaj12345

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

Although Cooler Master isn't the best brand, it should be decent enough, especially since your model is 80 plus bronze. Have fun Crossfiring.

thugxcaliber

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
As far as you can tell all my components should be compatible and ready to crossfire then? I am aware that I have to "bridge" my cards, does that require anything extra or will it be provided with my new card?

plasmaj12345

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

The crossfire bridge usually comes with one of the GPU's. All of your parts should be compatible due to the specs you gave us.