[SOLVED] Can i damage motherboard by touching it?

Jul 3, 2020
Hello there
I accidentally touch my motherboard while i try to clean my pc.and now i can't start it up.the fans are tried to spin but after 2sec it stop

Solution
Merely touching a motherboard shouldn't harm anything unless you built up static and ended up zapping something without noticing. In general, components aren't so fragile as to spontaneously fail if you look at them wrong.

The more likely cause is that you knocked something loose or possibly pinched a wire somewhere.

gtarayan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
It is unlikely that the touch damaged it.

I am going to assume your hands were not wet with Gatorade (or some electrolyte), your body was not a part of a closed loop involving harmful electrical current at the time of contact (wool sweater, car battery, sparks, pops?), and there is no visible physical damage to the board.

I accidentally touch my motherboard while i try to clean my pc

Did you actually do any cleaning or only "tried"? If you did, what did you clean it with? Did you unplug stuff (fans, drives, RAM other components?)

Jul 3, 2020
i only clean my case fans and the backplate of my gpu but i accidentally touch my motherboard with my bare hands.my hand was not wet and my motherboard is asus ex h310m.i did not unplug stuffs

InvalidError

Titan
Merely touching a motherboard shouldn't harm anything unless you built up static and ended up zapping something without noticing. In general, components aren't so fragile as to spontaneously fail if you look at them wrong.

The more likely cause is that you knocked something loose or possibly pinched a wire somewhere.

Solution