[SOLVED] Can I damage my headphones by blasting music through them?

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
So I have the corsair void pro wireless headphones and I'm wondering if blasting music through them might damage them. Im not really hearing any distortion but I have both spotify and windows cranked up all the way.

Thanks!

Ps: Don't worry there not actually on my head.

Solution
So I have the corsair void pro wireless headphones and I'm wondering if blasting music through them might damage them. Im not really hearing any distortion but I have both spotify and windows cranked up all the way.

Thanks!

Of course you can damage the drivers, they are just like speakers, too much movement and they can fail. It's like driving a car around at full throttle all day long, they are not made for that. You should look up how headphones and speakers are made and what the cones go though to make sound, there is a lot of very fast vibrations and the louder you play them the more movement back and forth they need to do, at too much speed and distance they break...

Thanks!

Of course you can damage the drivers, they are just like speakers, too much movement and they can fail. It's like driving a car around at full throttle all day long, they are not made for that. You should look up how headphones and speakers are made and what the cones go though to make sound, there is a lot of very fast vibrations and the louder you play them the more movement back and forth they need to do, at too much speed and distance they break.

Outside of that, playing them for a while for several dozen hours is a good idea, there are quite a few headphones that sound better after a period of break-in, but you do that at a normal listening level, maybe a tad higher, not near max.

Last edited:
Solution
D

Deleted member 217926

They're USB or wireless? Then no you wouldn't likely damage them even leaving them playing at 100% volume. Now if you were to plug a low impedance pair of headphones into a powerful headphone amplifier and turn it up....then yes, you could blow them. Same with speakers. But in a wireless or USB pair the amplification is done at the headphone and they aren't going to put something in there that's overpowered to the point it could damage the drivers.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Ok well I won't amp them. I was just recording something and I wanted to simplify it by keeping 2 things at max and controlling with one. I have since moved system sound down to 25 left spotify at 100 and moved obs to 0.0db