[SOLVED] Can I delete MSI Live Update 6?

Halo Diehards

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Hello, I'm trying to optimize my pc performance, and when I looked in Startup programs, I see MSI Live Update 6 running. I've been trying to figure out what it is and if I need it, but I can't find that info anywhere. Not sure if I should keep it or not, especially since I just swapped out my motherboard. Any infos appreciated!

Motherboard was Asus M5A99x but just upgraded to an ASRock B540 Pro4.

Same graphics card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070

Edit: Forgot to add that whenever I start my pc, I get a popup "Live Update ! The platform does not support this application" Been getting that popup since before I upgraded.

Last edited:
Solution
MSI live update is a program to update all the MSI drivers and bios for the motherboard. it is not needed for sure and can be deleted.

though you can simply stop it from running at start-up if you plan to use it occasionally. you can still go to MSI website and download updates one by one. the program just makes it all easy in one place for you. choice is yours

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
MSI live update is a program to update all the MSI drivers and bios for the motherboard. it is not needed for sure and can be deleted.

though you can simply stop it from running at start-up if you plan to use it occasionally. you can still go to MSI website and download updates one by one. the program just makes it all easy in one place for you. choice is yours

Reactions: Halo Diehards
Solution