[SOLVED] Can I delete old system files that are not in my boot drive?

Nov 25, 2020
I recently got an SSD and made it my boot drive, it has windows and program files and etc. I noticed that my hard drive that used to be my boot drive was running out of space, when I checked it still has Windows, Program Files, and Program Files(x86), is it ok to delete these since the hard drive isn't my boot drive anymore? If it is alright to delete them I would also like to ask how to delete them, thank you very much in advance!

Solution
I recently got an SSD and made it my boot drive, it has windows and program files and etc. I noticed that my hard drive that used to be my boot drive was running out of space, when I checked it still has Windows, Program Files, and Program Files(x86), is it ok to delete these since the hard drive isn't my boot drive anymore? If it is alright to delete them I would also like to ask how to delete them, thank you very much in advance!
Before attempting to delete all your files, first, try disconnecting this hard disk from your motherboard, and then see if you can boot your system without the HDD. Also try to run a few programs, and files and see if everything works as expected. If all goes well, it means that your windows...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Before attempting to delete all your files, first, try disconnecting this hard disk from your motherboard, and then see if you can boot your system without the HDD. Also try to run a few programs, and files and see if everything works as expected. If all goes well, it means that your windows installation is fully independent of this hard disk and you can proceed with removing the files you don't need. If something crashes or something can not be found, or something doesn't work as expected it means you need the hard disk.

Solution