Can I delete this Content.IE5 folder?

Andrew

Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\content.IE5 folder.
I have viewed the contents of this folder and noticed that it containes over
4300 files, almost all of them ending with .XML and dated last year.
My question is, can I delete these files? What purpose are they stored there
for?
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Drew.

TIF, Cookies, Index.dat and Content.IE5 are part and parcel of the "smoke &
mirrors" nature of Temporary Internet Files. Read: http://snipurl.com/gadi
(http://snipurl.com/gadj in particular).

Short answer: Unless you're having problems indicating corruption, leave 'em
alone and go worry about more important things like whirled peas.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security