[SOLVED] Can I "Delete volumes" on my old HDD?

Dec 6, 2019
So I have just recently installed a Samsung 860 500gb SSD, I used the samsung data migration tool to clone my old boot drive (WD blue 500gb HDD) to the new SSD. I want to know if I am safe to "Delete Volumes" and reallocate the old HDD as a single drive so I can use it simply as extra storage. I have successfully booted windows from the new SSD (now (C: )) and confirmed that all the files have been transferred over. The only thing stopping me at this point is that the old HDD as partitioned itself into a "System Reserved (F: )" and then a "(G: )". Since the SSD was unallocated before the clone this caught me off guard and I want to be sure since I am new to the whole cloning process. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Solution
You should've installed the OS afresh on your new SSD while backing up critical data from your old HDD. At this point, you might want to just format the HDD using Windows Disk Manager tool, but make sure your original data on the SSD(that you'd cloned) are intact. Often times you see people format the drive, have the OS on the cloned SSD croak and then run around trying to recover valuable data off the older drive.

Lutfij

Titan
You should've installed the OS afresh on your new SSD while backing up critical data from your old HDD. At this point, you might want to just format the HDD using Windows Disk Manager tool, but make sure your original data on the SSD(that you'd cloned) are intact. Often times you see people format the drive, have the OS on the cloned SSD croak and then run around trying to recover valuable data off the older drive.

Solution