[SOLVED] Can I do a 2 way EVGA SLI Bridge on MSI 7170A

nygiants.nygiants

Reputable
Jan 5, 2018
PC SPECS
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sTW9JM

I recently found the same exact gpu that i have in storage and was looking to sli bridge them to increase performance on my computer because its been struggling with newer games! Im wondering though if my motherboard supports a EVGA 2 way sli bridge, according to pc part picker it says they are compatible but looking at the manual for my mother board it says

● Supports 3-Way AMD® CrossFire™ Technology
● Supports 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology

It doesnt say anything about evga cards so im just wondering if it matters and if ishould get a different motherboard to help this problem.

Solution
They're nVidia cards. It's not going to specify individual brands of nVidia/AMD cards.

However, it's not likely worth the effort. SLI/Crossfire have been effectively dead for a long time and driver support has largely been abandoned. In newer games, your boost will generally be either small, nothing, or in some cases, even worse than a single card.

You would do far better to sell both and use the proceeds to buy a single, more powerful card.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
They're nVidia cards. It's not going to specify individual brands of nVidia/AMD cards.

However, it's not likely worth the effort. SLI/Crossfire have been effectively dead for a long time and driver support has largely been abandoned. In newer games, your boost will generally be either small, nothing, or in some cases, even worse than a single card.

You would do far better to sell both and use the proceeds to buy a single, more powerful card.

Solution