Question Can i do this with Ram

Jan 13, 2020
Yeah it did some weird stuff

I have a single (Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 288 PIN DIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 desktop ram memory module) I was thinking about buying another and pairing them.
Am I just better off buying a pair of (CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model CMW16GX4M2A2666C16W)

PS i have the MAG Z390M MORTAR

Can I have this is words used in the mother board guide. Can I have DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 a pair of 8 gb and DIMMA1 Have just the single stick of 16 GB. I have read conflicting things. \
\

Some say the only thing i can do is Put a second 16gb in DIMMA2

Memory clock speed is usually determined by the model of the processor you are using. Some processors are capable of higher speeds than others.

You can make any memory combinations you want. It is just that memory manufacturers won't guarantee those configurations to work or how they work if the PC boots up.

What is guaranteed is memory in the form sold, a kit of two for example.

Jan 13, 2020
Memory clock speed is usually determined by the model of the processor you are using. Some processors are capable of higher speeds than others.

You can make any memory combinations you want. It is just that memory manufacturers won't guarantee those configurations to work or how they work if the PC boots up.

What is guaranteed is memory in the form sold, a kit of two for example.
Yeah what I read kits are tested to ensure they work. While two of the same one don't have that as a certainty but just as a possible or most likely possible.