Can I downscale on a mirrored second monitor?

CalDaMan

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
Hi, is it possible to have a 1440p game running on one monitor and mirror it to a second 1080p monitor and have it downscaled to fit the screen? I'm on windows 10.

Thanks

Edit: Basically I want to play a game and mirror it on two different resolution monitors. I know I could just play the game in 1080p and mirror that, but I'd like to play at full res on the first monitor if possible.

Solution

Actually Windows 10 does allow you to run a duplicated desktop at the resolution of the highest display now. The lower resolution screen will display a downscaled version of the image. For example I can run a 1440p monitor and 1080p monitor in duplicate mode, and set the desktop to 1440p.

So the answer to the main question:

Yes, you can do that.

Lutfij

Titan
I think you can game off the larger resolution monitor but mirroring on the smaller resolution might be awkward or not happening. You could try Display Fusion or apps of the same nature as listed here.

Might want to include the make and model of your monitors and your GPU.

CalDaMan

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
Well, is there a way to get the image on another monitor without mirroring?

Edit: My GPU is a GTX 1080, the 1440p monitor is an Acer Predadator (running 1440p 16:9, not 3440x1440p 21:9), the other monitor is an old LG TV.

Actually Windows 10 does allow you to run a duplicated desktop at the resolution of the highest display now. The lower resolution screen will display a downscaled version of the image. For example I can run a 1440p monitor and 1080p monitor in duplicate mode, and set the desktop to 1440p.

So the answer to the main question:

Yes, you can do that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS