Question Can I dual boot and still record to a drive that is shared?

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
Because I play and record an older game, Madden 08, I was contemplating dual booting my system with W10 as the primary and W7 as the secondary. If I play Madden 08 on the W7 partition, can I record that game to another drive that is shared by both OS's and if so how would I accomplish that? Forgive me if this is a newby question, but I am a newby when it comes to dual booting. I've never done it before and I don't know what and what can't be done.

Thanks

Yes you can.
If the drive you want to record to doesn't show up you will have to run disk management it's a windows program ,just type this into search and give the partition a drive letter.
After that it's as normal you just tell your recording software where you want it to store the file.

Reactions: tomseurocat

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
If I find that my program doesn't do any better creating the new partition for W7, can I delete the partition and make the C: drive whole again? How big a partition should be made for the W7 OS and one game folder? 50 GB large enough?

Yes you can delete it again,just make sure you don't use bitlocker or any other drive protection on it.
Since the game only asks for ~2Gb yeah 50Gb will be plenty enough.

Also since the game is win XP era I doubt it will run any better on any OS,my guess is it's single threaded and would need a faster CPU core.

tomseurocat

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2014
Please explain for this simpleton. What do you mean by a faster CPU core? My CPU is OC'ed with the Motherboard's on-board game boost from 3.0 to 3.65. Is core number one not fast enough for the game? Or am I thinking too simple?

Edit: I think I need to digress a little. I was hoping that a different OS may help with that game, but both M08 and M19 are affected by a certain amount of jittering in the video. If you take a look at this post you will know what I mean. Bad Video post I've done everything that I can think of down to replacing my motherboard and it just doesn't seem to make a difference. Well...replacing the MoBo has made a slight improvement, but not much. Any ideas?

Last edited: