Can I even replace the motherboard in this prebuilt HP case??

Mrs91

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
I got so far into researching new mobo/cpu I didn't stop to wonder if its possible to replace the mobo in this unit.

HPE-580T
Truckee-UL8E MB
Core i7-950 (Bloomfield) (130W), 3.0 GHz
2 x 750 GB drives in RAID 0 (1.5 TB usable storage capacity), 7200 rpm, SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec)

I don't know if it matters but it was a configure to order type pc.
Upgraded frim GTX 460 to GTX 1060 3gb

I have read that some of these prebuilts may often have proprietary mounting points or I/O plate alignment.
Is there a way to know for sure a new mobo won't fit?

Here are some photos of my current set up.
https://imgur.com/a/fATCz0n

Mrs91

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017

Sorry I realized I forgot that! I was just adding that in edits

It's about 7 years old pretty sluggish, but the GPU just died so I replaced that and thought about what else I could replace... after many forum posts I decided it may be time to upgrade a few things and realized I needed somewhat of my own rebuild.
Also the RAM is difficult expensive to upgrade because its triple maxed out at 4gb each.
and could use a summer project.

SkyNetRising

Champion
Jan 4, 2016
Board layout looks standard mATX. PSU connectors also standard.
I see no problem replacing it with another mATX board.

Mrs91

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
ahh okay.
my worry is that I can’t move the I/o plate which has been a reported issue with prebuilt type PCs.
A lot of the back of the case has rivets so they can’t be removed as far as I know. I can’t be certain unless I take out the board I guess..?

Most boards I have seen have extra I/o like hdmi and dvid inputs that are in the way of the bottom back of the case where the i/o plate is which is an issue if it can’t be removed.

drea.drechsler

Commendable
Oct 16, 2017

That LOOKS like a micro-ATX form factor board. But looks can be deceiving! The things to watch for are the mounting holes and the dimensions and location of the I/O panel. This could be a big help if you can get access to take measurements:

https://www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?tid=wh11_008&area=usa

Just scan down to find the microATX form factor critical dimensions.

The other thing I note from pictures, though, is HP located things ABOVE the motherboard so that means you have to be careful about clearance above the particular board you're looking at.