[SOLVED] Can I fit 2x 3090s on this Mobo?

Jun 25, 2021
I'm thinking of upgrade my pc this year for 3d rendering and probaly use 2x 3090s but I need to know if its possible to fit those in this motherboard, I won't benefit from faster pcie, so not a problem to run on x4 or x8. Also my case is Lian Li Lancool Mesh 2 Performance.

Also, is a BeQuiet 1500W be enough for the setup? The cpu is either 5900x/5950x

obs: the 3090 I want uses 2.9 slots

bzwxhHEuaxNPvCpQfqjAAd-970-80.jpg.webp

Solution
It looks like the slots are too close together.

Also, don't mind me asking (and if you're uncomfortable don't answer), but what's the purpose of having 2 GPUs? I've never seen a reason to get 2 GPUs and I'm interested as to why people do it.

That PSU should be plenty for that GPU, as the GPU itself is only 350W, so combined both GPUs is 700W.

Fatalzo

Great
May 7, 2021

Also, don't mind me asking (and if you're uncomfortable don't answer), but what's the purpose of having 2 GPUs? I've never seen a reason to get 2 GPUs and I'm interested as to why people do it.

That PSU should be plenty for that GPU, as the GPU itself is only 350W, so combined both GPUs is 700W.

Reactions: h041
Solution
Jun 25, 2021

Usually 2x gpus offers double the performance on 3d rendering when using gpu based render engines such as Cycles or Octane without a need of "SLI" or such, in this case alone I would benefit from 48gb VRAM.

Also, if they're too close together but blow the air for back of the case, would that be a problem?