Question Can I fit a Samsung 860 Evo 1tb in my ASUS Prime Z390-P motherboard?

Sep 15, 2019
Sorry if this is a dumb question and if it’s somewhere easy to find on the internet. I just wanted to get a straight forward answer from someone who actually knows the answer. Also, if it does work how do I go about setting it up because I’ve seen a lot of people using cables which I didn’t get with my SSD when I bought it.

Thanks in advance to any help!

Sep 15, 2019
The motherboard came with a couple of SATA data cables.
If you've lost them, or they're in use elsewhere...but some new ones. They're cheap.

Hi, I have some cables but I don't understand how they fit into the SSD, I've tried fitting them in every way but they're like little square holes and the SSD is more like two rectangle slots, one much wider than the other. Is there any pictures or a video you could guide me with? Or perhaps just another helpful message? :)

Hi, I have some cables but I don't understand how they fit into the SSD, I've tried fitting them in every way but they're like little square holes and the SSD is more like two rectangle slots, one much wider than the other. Is there any pictures or a video you could guide me with? Or perhaps just another helpful message? :)
Wider one is for power and narrower one is for data cable. Such SATA SSDs have exactly same connectors as hard disks. Each is keyed so it can fit only in right place and right way. Look et ports and cables closely, there is an L shaped plastic part so you have to turn it so male and female parts are aligned. Data cables are reversible as both ends are same.

USAFRet

Titan
sata.gif

The power (wider one) comes from your PSU.
The data (smaller one) goes to a port on your motherboard.