Question Can i fit an AIO?

MrReed

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
Hi, im reaching out here cuz i recently build my first pc, i used the DIYPC model XW RGB the case itself has poor airflow in the front panel but still has space for up to 3x 120mm fans but due to the air flow i was thinking about mounting an AIO but im not sure if it would be supported at all

MrReed

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
Officially, it doesn't look like it is.
https://www.mydiypcusa.com/product/...case-with-2-x-rgb-led-ring-fans-pre-installed

You could measure out the space and see what AIO's may fit or just grab 3 fans for intake as that would help get some cool air into the case.
https://www.mydiypcusa.com/product/accessories/case-fans

What are your specs and what temps are you getting?
I have an i5 8400 16 ram 2400 ddr4 and a rx 580 iddle temp is around 40-45c while playing rainbow six siege or apex legends it goes up to 80c, 85c as the highest ambient its 30c since i live in the caribbean, i have thought of getting a quad lumi and even modding the front panel for better airflow while adding some fans as intake

WildCard999

Titan
I have an i5 8400 16 ram 2400 ddr4 and a rx 580 iddle temp is around 40-45c while playing rainbow six siege or apex legends it goes up to 80c, 85c as the highest ambient its 30c since i live in the caribbean, i have thought of getting a quad lumi and even modding the front panel for better airflow while adding some fans as intake
Ok so yea you'll want the aftermarket cooler & maybe a couple of fans in the front as intake. Not surprising your getting those high temps as that stock Intel cooler is junk and those are some pretty high ambient temps. The Quad Lumi is nice and would work well.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's room for 3x 120mm fans in front. The drive bays are removable. There's room for a 240mm AIO. The only thing that looks to prevent that is the length of the psu shroud. That's fixable in 2 ways. Forget about the shroud, or chop it back 3-6cm. This would give the aio room to mount internally, still mount 3 fans in front/push or 2x internally in pull (better actual idea), provide airflow and definitely work better than any single cooler that'll fit in a 155mm space.

That's what I'd do, but I'm sorta handy at cutting metal clean. To finish off the edge, either file it nice/paint it or use an automotive car door edging or similar.

Your choice, your case, you most definitely do not have to stick with what the manufacturer has left you with.

Reactions: MrReed

MrReed

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
Ok so yea you'll want the aftermarket cooler & maybe a couple of fans in the front as intake. Not surprising your getting those high temps as that stock Intel cooler is junk and those are some pretty high ambient temps. The Quad Lumi is nice and would work well.
do you think modding the case should be a thing or should i try with the fans in front and the quad lumi before making a mod?

MrReed

Reputable
Apr 12, 2019
since the air flow in the front panel its not a lot i will go for static pressure fans, which are the best of that kind in the market at a relative cheap price?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
With 30° ambient due to location, you'll only get case temps and idle temps at around 6-10°C above ambient. Be surprised if you got idle below 34°. Load temps aren't much affected by ambient case temps, but far more affected by airflow.

So, even with really good airflow, idle will be somewhere around 36°C, but those load temps will be closer to 55-60°C with a decent cooler and good airflow.