[SOLVED] Can I fit without Back plate/ Rear bracket under motherboard

Loz M 1985

Prominent
May 18, 2020
Hi I have a HP motherboard LGA1150 which is proprietary With a stock fan

it has different mount hole fittings for a heat sink cooler fan than a standard lga1150 sockets

the cooler master 212evo has a flexible mount that I can fit onto the board but the back plate/ rear panel won’t align to the holes on mother board.

my question is

what does the back plate do?

is it essential?

can I just fit the heat sink with four rear hex nuts?

any knowledge on this is appreciated

thanks

Solution

it has different mount hole fittings for a heat sink cooler fan than a standard lga1150 sockets

the cooler master 212evo has a flexible mount that I can fit onto the board but the back plate/ rear panel won’t align to the holes on mother board.

my question is

is it essential?

thanks
The back plate is what allows the cooler to be pulled down with high pressure on the top of the CPU without damaging the motherboard. It spreads the force required to hold down the cooler. It also has hardware the sets the height of the...

kanewolf

Titan

my question is

is it essential?

thanks
The back plate is what allows the cooler to be pulled down with high pressure on the top of the CPU without damaging the motherboard. It spreads the force required to hold down the cooler. It also has hardware the sets the height of the cooler so that the correct amount of pressure is applied. The full mounting kit is required, IMO.

Reactions: Loz M 1985
Solution