Can I fix my headphone jack?

Jul 3, 2018
Hello guys,
I forgot that my headphones was in my ears and I was walking away from my laptop then I think I have damaged my headphone jack badly.

I am still able to use my headphone jack but when even if I move a little bit the laptop behaves as the headphones are not plugged in and it gives all the sound to the speakers.

It is also hard to find the right direction like I have roll my headphones in the headphone jack until I get sound to the headphones. Othertimes it just gives the sound to the speakers even though it is plugged in. Or sometimes it gives a deep sound from the headphones.

I think I have loosen some of parts in the headphone jack when I moved away, since I am lack of English I wasn't able to find what the situation may be called,

I wonder if there is any guide or if there is any issue like that on the internet. I know that it is stucked on motherboard so I just want to open my laptop and fix headphone by making it tigher or something.

Thanks for your time.

Solution
Here is something you can try.

First you need to get access to the jack on the motherboard.

Hopefully you can figure this part out.

Then you will see little springy tabs in the jack....and they may be bent out of wack from you pulling on the plug.

try and bend them back you they hit the plug where they should.

If they are so mangled you can't do this...you would have to replace the jack.
Here is something you can try.

First you need to get access to the jack on the motherboard.

Hopefully you can figure this part out.

Then you will see little springy tabs in the jack....and they may be bent out of wack from you pulling on the plug.

try and bend them back you they hit the plug where they should.

If they are so mangled you can't do this...you would have to replace the jack.

Solution