[SOLVED] Can i fix my laptop on my own?

Jimmy1997

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
Ever since my dad removed a few components from my laptop to replace the broken hard disk he appears to have made a mistake because from then the mouse of my laptop no longer works correctly (1 year ago). And now it often stops working completely until i restart my laptop and for some reason it literally moves on its own regardless of whether i'm using another mouse. there are also a few issues with my usb ports. updating my drivers did solve the problems i was having with my usb ports temporarily (i cant tell if the problem is with the external mouse i'm using). So can someone like me who is pretty inexperienced with laptops solve something like this (i have searched for solutions or fixes online but nothing works)? One thing last thing i should mention ever since my friend chose to clean this laptop the mouse of my laptop has started to just get stuck on screen until i restart this laptop. Also having a computer technician to repair this laptop is a little costly so i'm better off buying a new one instead.

Solution
Have you tried uninstalling the host controller? device manager> universal serial bus controllers (bottom) > host controller >uninstall device. this will stop all inputs, then restart your computer holding the power off then boot it back up again

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
Have you tried uninstalling the host controller? device manager> universal serial bus controllers (bottom) > host controller >uninstall device. this will stop all inputs, then restart your computer holding the power off then boot it back up again

Solution