Question Can I fix the Titan?

Sep 20, 2019
Hello
This is my first post here. Long time follower and avid reader.

I recently managed to blow up my GTX Titan which was on Corsair AIO cooling.
Actually I have 2 units and I did noticed one of them working near thermal limit.

Few days ago I had a weird smell similar to component burn but couldn't in point. Next day when i came back home the PC was Off.
Trying to start the PC wouldnt work, I understood there is an electrical short. And At some point noticed smoke emanating of the PCB.

Pulled out the GPU and the rest is in the pictures below.
I also managed to get a GTX 780 which has the exact same board and components, so i know what are the part numbers mentioned on the burnt components.

So
  1. Does replacing the visually damaged components give a chance to make this card working again?
  2. Could there is additional damage that isn't visible and fixable (Chip, pcb layers)?
  3. What are the parts that looks damaged and their values(Resistors inohms, capacitors in farads)?
  4. Where can i find them( website, online store)?
  5. I am good at normal soldering (NOT SMD) and is there any special precaution needs to be taken while soldering these SMD ?

Thank you for all the help.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Could there is additional damage that isn't visible and fixable (Chip, pcb layers)?

This kind of thing is generally outside of my expertise, but I would strongly suspect that the answer to this question is yes.

Couldn't hurt to try, just as an interesting project - but franky, video cards available new in the $120-$180 range perform about on par with it.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019
Thank you for the reply. But it doesn't help me solve the issue. I know such a card is a power hog and not great in current generation. I paid a premium for this card back in the day and never used it to its full potential.

Now I am mining Alt coins on this card and I am not considering the power usage. So I still don't want to retire this gpu and hopefully someone can guide me.

Looking forward expert opinions from Electronics geeks.