[SOLVED] Can i fix this PC or do i need to get a new one?

Mar 7, 2020
Hey guys i recently got an old tower from an insurance office with the intent to make it a small server, except on the way home it got a bit banged up (had to slam on my breaks because some dude didnt see me when he turned.) and when i got back home i looked at it and everything looked fine. So i put a new hard drive into it because the insurance offic destroys old hard drives and when i went to start it up the pc powered on fans and all, but it only has a black screen. I have tried to re-seat the memory and unplugged the Hard Drive and it still wont display a picture.

So is the PC bricked or can i fix it or buy a cheap graphics card?

Disregard ment to put this in display not CPU's

Solution
Is it an Intel system? Pull the CMOS battery out for 5-10 minutes and put it back in and see if it works. If that doesn't work you may ahve to pull out the CPU and check for bent or broken pins in the CPU socket if it's Intel and place the CPU back in and repaste it if nothing is wrong and try again.
Mar 7, 2020
Hey guys i recently got an old tower from an insurance office with the intent to make it a small server, except on the way home it got a bit banged up (had to slam on my breaks because some dude didnt see me when he turned.) and when i got back home i looked at it and everything looked fine. So i put a new hard drive into it because the insurance offic destroys old hard drives and when i went to start it up the pc powered on fans and all, but it only has a black screen. I have tried to re-seat the memory and unplugged the Hard Drive and it still wont display a picture.

So is the PC bricked or can i fix it or buy a cheap graphics card?

Is it an Intel system? Pull the CMOS battery out for 5-10 minutes and put it back in and see if it works. If that doesn't work you may ahve to pull out the CPU and check for bent or broken pins in the CPU socket if it's Intel and place the CPU back in and repaste it if nothing is wrong and try again.

Solution