Can I fix this?

elitefail15

Reputable
Aug 19, 2015
I saw this board on eBay for a killer price but it needs repair. based of what the seller said do you think i can fix it easily?

"Abit IP35 Pro LGA 775 motherboard. Selling it for parts or repair because I believe it has a problem. Most of the time it does boot to BIOS but when an OS install is attempted it freezes or BSODs in the beginning of an installation. I even got a couple of no-POSTs during troubleshooting but usually it does POST. I have not been able to determine why this happens. There may be something wrong with this board.Note that there are several lightly bent socket pins (see 2nd photo). Now I don't think they are the reason for this problem since this board worked fine for a long time with those pins bent like that & only recently started acting up. Everything described above happened during a test done about a month ago. I'm not offering any guarantees with this item & its sold "as is" with no returns. Photo is of actual item. "

Solution
Honestly I wouldn't bother. Just look for a cheap working 775 board.

Check on reddit hardwareswap as they usually have better deals compared to ebay. Craigslist as well.

bmw-vision

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
As Greg said, if you want to learn how to fix computers, then you could give it a try. But remember could have component damage to some of the integrated parts.
Basically, its a mixed bag, but probably don't expect to be able to fix it.