[SOLVED] Can i game and edit on 1080p with this build? (this wont cost 848$ im getting some used stuff)

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
I would personally never buy a used hard drive. If you're going to get new get this instead: ST2000DM008

The video card for four seems a bit much. You're probably getting it used what's that person want to charge? If the CPU is used too how much for that?

Edit: In hindsight I can see reasons why you might not want to say the price of used things. So instead I'll say $100 would be a definite cutting off point for a used RX 580 and I'd still feel bad about it. Maybe $70-$80 would be decent. For the CPU maybe $85 as a cut off and $60-$70 being decent. Anyway it seems like I completely missed your question and wrote things you probably don't care to read. You'll be able to edit (videos I assume) though I doubt it'll be smooth sailing... (I mean it may be frustrating and tedious.) You can't expect much for less than $500.

Edit+: Make sure to get a 8gb RX 580

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020
I would personally never buy a used hard drive. If you're going to get new get this instead: ST2000DM008

The video card for four seems a bit much. You're probably getting it used what's that person want to charge? If the CPU is used too how much for that?

Edit: In hindsight I can see reasons why you might not want to say the price of used things. So instead I'll say $100 would be a definite cutting off point for a used RX 580 and I'd still feel bad about it. Maybe $70-$80 would be decent. For the CPU maybe $85 as a cut off and $60-$70 being decent. Anyway it seems like I completely missed your question and wrote things you probably don't care to read. You'll be able to edit (videos I assume) though I doubt it'll be smooth sailing... (I mean it may be frustrating and tedious.) You can't expect much for less than $500.

Edit+: Make sure to get a 8gb RX 580
The used RX 580 will be 140$ (used) and the cpu will be new

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
Yeah I'd say $140 is a no go for me personally. It's a three year old card. Multiply that by wear and tear. Especially with sub $200 cards a lot of people probably don't ventilate them properly because they're building cheap builds like yourself and skip fans. Thing could last five years at 95%-85% what it was, six months at 50%, or stop dead in a week. Too much money for the gamble.

The best thing to do would be to shop around if you can wait. I'm not that familiar with graphics cards in that price range so I can't suggest a better one. For one-forty you should be getting quite a bit more on a used graphics card though. Maybe ask on the graphics card section of the forums "best used ~140 GPU?" or something.

Maybe you omitted it purposely but don't forget the OS.

msimsin

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2013
The card you're looking up is a special edition. It's just got a different fan and software (most likely) otherwise it's a RX 580. Even if you look at the history on PCpartpicker the card was $200 - $250 while it was available on Newegg (Change the history to two years -top right-.). It's just not for sale now. I have something similar.

Basically Nvidia or AMD make the base card. The RX 580 in this case. They sell the card directly as is. Then other companies like Sapphire a few weeks/months later sell aftermarket cards. In this case Sapphire took the RX 580, took the fan off put their own better fan and maybe over clocked it.. have some fancy software to go along with it... then called it "Nitro+". The performance boost from the original to the aftermarket is generally negligible. The cooling is generally much better though. The nitro+ probably isn't worth more than 5% over even the worst after market 8GB RX 580.