[SOLVED] Can i get 12 GB of ram?

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
Hi there, I only have 4gb ram right now and that's obviously not enough to have in 2019, especially if you use your pc to use and use programs like premiere pro and after effects. So I have one 4gb ram stick but I want to go to 12. My motherboard only has 2 ram slots. Is it possible to use one stick of 4 and one of 8?

Here is my motherboard and what ram I use.

Motherboard: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H110M-K/
Ram: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/CT4G4DFS824A

Thanks!

Solution
They should.

Here are your memory specs for the MB.

2 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
  • Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
  • Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
  • The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor.
  • Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2400MHz memory frequency is only supported by 7th Generation Intel® processors. Higher memory modules will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2400MHz.
** Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Generation Intel® processors...
They should.

• Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
  • Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2400MHz memory frequency is only supported by 7th Generation Intel® processors. Higher memory modules will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2400MHz.
** Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Generation Intel® processors will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133MH

Reactions: Iniaskle
Solution

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
They should.

** Due to Intel® chipset limitation, DDR4 2133MHz and higher memory modules on 6th Generation Intel® processors will run at the maximum transfer rate of DDR4 2133MH
Thanks for the detailed answer, I really appreciate it! U helped me out!