Question can i get 240hz with 1080 gtx i9 9900k

Mar 15, 2019
im planning on getting a 27" 240hz benq but want to know if i can get 240hz with my set up and also if so what cable do i need and what port would it go in?

240Hz is only supported on DisplayPort cables, I'm assuming one of those came with the screen. DisplayPort cables only connect to DisplayPort video outs/ins.

You should get 240 FPS in certain games. Don't expect heavy games like GTA V to give you that kind of FPS though, as heavy games are almost impossible to get up to that kind of FPS. Lighter games like LoL, CS:GO, WoW and others should run on 240 FPS without a sweat. It's mostly only fast paced games that will give you the benefit of 240Hz screens anyway.

Mar 15, 2019
thank you so much i appreciate it and yea mostly play overwatch league stuff like that so thats why im looking into 240 i only have 60hz 4k monitor atm so on the back of my pc there will be a usb display port ? and do you know if it will be labeled ?

Unless you are a pro player, or trying to be, 240hz monitor is overkill, 120/144 is perfectly fine. I am going to guess since you don't know what a Display Port is, you don't need a 240hz monitor. I would save the money and get something cheaper. It's a bit odd that you have a high end card and CPU but don't know which port is the Display Port. You can find out what a DP port looks like with a quick web search, your 1080 card will have one.

240Hz is only supported on DisplayPort cables, I'm assuming one of those came with the screen. DisplayPort cables only connect to DisplayPort video outs/ins.

You should get 240 FPS in certain games. Don't expect heavy games like GTA V to give you that kind of FPS though, as heavy games are almost impossible to get up to that kind of FPS. Lighter games like LoL, CS:GO, WoW and others should run on 240 FPS without a sweat. It's mostly only fast paced games that will give you the benefit of 240Hz screens anyway.
HDMI can be used for 1080p 240 Hz if the monitor supports it.