Can I get 3200 Mhz with an ASUS A320M-K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2018
Hi, I built my PC about a year ago, and without caring too much I got an ASUS A320M-K motherboard. I want to try running my ram at 3200 MHz now, but using the default DOCP settings has it fail the OC. I tried running it at 2933 yesterday and it was working, but it doesn't seem to anymore. 2400 works fine.

Timings and voltage I left alone at 16-18-18-18-38 and 1.35. I'm not well-versed enough to mess with anything.

I checked the motherboard website but it seems that only the 2x4 type is listed.

In hindsight, I should have done a bit more research but if I messed up picking the parts I'll just leave it at 2400.

Thanks.

Build:
Ryzen 5 1600
ASUS A320M-K (90MB0TV0-M0EAY0)
G.Skill DDR4-3200 2x8 (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)
GTX 1060 6GB

Solution
Hi sueet :)

3200MHz is OC RAM so not the JDEC standard. What this means is D.O.C.P nor XMP profiles will work. They should work with some Bios tweaking which is not dangerous so long as DRAM voltage does not exceed 1.4V.

Your MB supports 3200MHz however make sure your Bios is up to date and first test with a single module inserted. If what you choose fails just reset CMOS and try changing your primary Timings one point up to loosen or change the command rate to 2T.
Some times a slight increase in CPU OC bclk frequency can help.
Get familiar with your Bios as you will need it with Ryzen.
Hi sueet :)

3200MHz is OC RAM so not the JDEC standard. What this means is D.O.C.P nor XMP profiles will work. They should work with some Bios tweaking which is not dangerous so long as DRAM voltage does not exceed 1.4V.

Your MB supports 3200MHz however make sure your Bios is up to date and first test with a single module inserted. If what you choose fails just reset CMOS and try changing your primary Timings one point up to loosen or change the command rate to 2T.
Some times a slight increase in CPU OC bclk frequency can help.
Get familiar with your Bios as you will need it with Ryzen.

Solution
Oct 24, 2018

Funny story, I updated my Bios and everything worked normally lol. The DOCP profile that came with the update works fine, and so far 3200 hasn't had any issues. I do appreciate the answer though. And if it stops working I'll definitely try your methods.

Thanks.

Reactions: mladja064
Status
Not open for further replies.