[SOLVED] Can I get a wired connection upstairs?

mumbo40

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
My router is downstairs, I would like to connect my computer, which is upstairs, straight from the router (no power link or equivalent). Any way to do this? Can you get a second router or something? I don’t really want to run a cable from downstairs to upstairs.
Any help appreciated.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If router has wireless can get wifi extenders with ethernet port that plugs into a power socket to power the extender and connect pc via network cable.

If ethernet over power is out of the question then wifi is the only option besides wiring a network cable inside the wall.

mumbo40

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
If router has wireless can get wifi extenders with ethernet port that plugs into a power socket to power the extender and connect pc via network cable.

If ethernet over power is out of the question then wifi is the only option besides wiring a network cable inside the wall.
I want my full 350mbps but can’t get it with power line or WiFi (wanting stability too)

Through the walls? I’m not sure where to start
U can run a long extension cable on the floor as long as nobody complain.

U probably heard ethernet is best but as soon as you introduce wireless in the path, the cable advantage goes away, is like fireman_hose --> GARDEN_HOSE --> Fireman_hose. So am just repeating what ^he says.

Middle solution POWERLINE, not as good as pure ethernet but can be better than wireless. This is asked everyday so I will let you do your own research on this technology.

BTW if u don't know where to being, paying somebody to do the job is always an option.

Reactions: boju