[SOLVED] Can I get alerts when a phone is in wifi range?

Mar 3, 2020
Is there any way to set up something that will give me an alert if a specific device is in range of my home wifi? Like if I have an IP address of someones phone, and I set up a way for me to get an alert if that specific device came within range of my house's network.
Not for if a device "connects" to the wifi. Just if it gets in range of it

I'm ok with buying a device or paying for a service, if need be. I have recently seen a car, that looks like it belongs to an ex, driving by my house. I have her IP address from previous emails. And in case something ever happens when I'm not around, it would be good to be able to see if her phone was nearby.

Thanks in advance

Solution
You need to learn how networking actually works.

A phone does not have a fixed IP address it depends on what network it is connected to. Even then the phone seldom has a unique IP address assigned to it. They are generally shared between mulitple customers of the mobile carrier and they can change from day to day.

None of this is running on wifi anyway when the phone is mobile it is using the cell providers radios/network.
You need to learn how networking actually works.

A phone does not have a fixed IP address it depends on what network it is connected to. Even then the phone seldom has a unique IP address assigned to it. They are generally shared between mulitple customers of the mobile carrier and they can change from day to day.

None of this is running on wifi anyway when the phone is mobile it is using the cell providers radios/network.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution