[SOLVED] Can i get greater internet speed with Usb C then i currently have?

Gubben

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
I have been poking around a little to find if this question was asked but didn't make any success.

I currently have a phone with usb C that is connected to my motherboard in a 3.1 port i also have 3.0 and a usb C port.

I use my phone as the "ISP" cuz the reagular ISP is sketchy imo.

So the question is do i make it possible for more data to be transferred if i get a usb C to usb C kable and replace my usb B to usb C?

The current peaks are at about 4 MB/s, and the connection is good its 4G with full bars. And the SIM said speeds up to 32 MB/s. So the only bottleneck i can think off is the data from my phone to my computer.

And are there any other celever solutions or settings that i can do to speed it up?.

Solution
None of it makes any difference the slowest section is internet provider. First be very careful that you do not confuse mbit with mbytes.

Even if you were to use USB2 ports it is much faster than any internet connection you are going to get from a mobile broadband provider. USB2 is rated to handle 480mbps. The data will still be transferred from the ISP to your phone at 4mbps over the radio network into a buffer in your phone. Sure the data will transfer from the buffer to your pc at 480mbps but then it will have to sit and wait for the buffer to be refilled by the radio network.

It buys you nothing to transfer the data from the phone buffer to your pc at even higher rates say with USB C it will still have to sit and wait...
None of it makes any difference the slowest section is internet provider. First be very careful that you do not confuse mbit with mbytes.

Even if you were to use USB2 ports it is much faster than any internet connection you are going to get from a mobile broadband provider. USB2 is rated to handle 480mbps. The data will still be transferred from the ISP to your phone at 4mbps over the radio network into a buffer in your phone. Sure the data will transfer from the buffer to your pc at 480mbps but then it will have to sit and wait for the buffer to be refilled by the radio network.

It buys you nothing to transfer the data from the phone buffer to your pc at even higher rates say with USB C it will still have to sit and wait for the data to arrive from the ISP.

Solution

Gubben

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Thank u for your knowledge, i have read what you have said and it does make sence.

And if i understand you right the speed between computer and phone would go up with usb C to usb C. But the bottleneck is the limit in transfer from 4G.

And i could even use a usb 2.0 port and i would still deliver a similar amount of data from the ISP as with usb C to usb C. For the capacity of usb 2.0 is just a fraction of what 4G can send.

Gubben

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Under further investigation I just remember there is something called 4G router that have LTE. And that will satisfy my needs. I will just buy a 4g router and order a extra data card from my mobile provider.