Can i get sound out of my hdmi hook-up on the 560 ti?

Ksan

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
My wife and I tried to watch a movie today from hooking the computer up to my 55" HDTV with a hdmi cable. The picture was great but I had to use the speakers from the computer to play the sound. My HDTV is hooked up to a surround sound system but no sound came thrugh the hdmi cable to the tv to play it. I have a EVGA GTX560 Ti GFX card, is there some thing else I need to hook up to get sound from the hdmi or will I just have to live with it the way it is? Thank you for your time and help.

fizzle22

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
If you have a receiver, connect the HDMI to the receiver, assuming your receiver has HDMI inputs/outputs.

In the nvidia Control Panel go to Display > Set Up Digital audio. You can configure your speaker setup there.

Ksan

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Thank you for the reply...........I do have the latest driver 285.62 installed AND when i go into settings on the card their are NO listings for audio any where that i am able to find.

fizzle22

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

Oh, well that could be because I am using the 295.51 driver. I would grab that driver.

Edit: And if you do not have an HDMI input on your receiver, you could use an optical cable assuming your motherboard has one.

cody206

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Right click the speaker icon in your system tray. Then, click playback devices. Highlight your nvidia HDMI audio device, and click the "set default" button. When movie is over, set back to computer speakers the same way. I had to do this last week with my new 560 ti's. Have fun kiddo.