Can I get the release of Windows 10 from the technical preview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KYLEDLH

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Hi, so I currently have 2 PC's, a desktop with Windows 7 on it. I have reserved Windows 10 on that PC. I also have a second hand laptop that I believed was originally windows 8 but was updated to 8.1 when I brought it, however I installed Windows 10 technical preview on it. Yesterday I tried to roll back to windows 8/8.1, I selected the option to roll back to a previous version of Widows but it just took me back to the first build of Windows 10 (which is buggy as hell an I cant even open the start menu). So next I tried installing Windows 8, I downloaded the ISO of microsofts website, and it asked me for my product key, I got my product key of some software because there is no sticker or anything on my laptop, and it says the product key doesn't work, try again later.

So after all that, am I good to just stick with the technical preview till launch and get the "free upgrade", or do I have to try and get back on Windows 8 first?

Solution
On December 5, someone asked Microsoft's Gabe Aul—he's emerged as the face of the Windows Technical Preview—whether testers would be "able to update to the RTM version [of Windows 10] when it ships? Mr. Aul responded in the affirmative: "Yes, that is our intent."
from online postings if you install windows 10 10130 and keep on being a tester and letting it update mc and other online news posting say testers will get a full activated copy of windows 10 when it goes live. take that with a big grain of salt till it happens or microsoft post it on there web page.

On December 5, someone asked Microsoft's Gabe Aul—he's emerged as the face of the Windows Technical Preview—whether testers would be "able to update to the RTM version [of Windows 10] when it ships? Mr. Aul responded in the affirmative: "Yes, that is our intent."

Solution

KYLEDLH

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014

Ok thanks for the reply!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.