Question Can i get this gpu in my current system and expect it to run normal and stable without problems?

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
This is my current system:
CPU: i7 870 base clock 2.93ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 4x2GB DDR3
PSU: LC POWER 6550 v2.2 (my only concern)
Can i get myself an AMD Radeon rx 570 xfx Hard Swap 4gb gddr5 and expect it to run cool enough in a crappy old case with no fans and the psu above, i would run it atleast half a year without any hardware changes after the gpu upgrade, if it is going to run and be stable with given psu i will get it and if not i will just save up for a new pc.

troyer1234567

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
This is my current system:
CPU: i7 870 base clock 2.93ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
RAM: 4x2GB DDR3
PSU: LC POWER 6550 v2.2 (my only concern)
Can i get myself an AMD Radeon rx 570 xfx Hard Swap 4gb gddr5 and expect it to run cool enough in a crappy old case with no fans and the psu above, i would run it atleast half a year without any hardware changes after the gpu upgrade, if it is going to run and be stable with given psu i will get it and if not i will just save up for a new pc.
that's 550W psu and is good, what mainboard u have?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's not really a 550W PSU in any meaningful way. It's an ancient, low-quality design, and only has a +12V spec of 450W, meaning you're in group-regulated city. Add in the automatic downgrade for any PSU bought used -- this is safety equipment -- and this would be a very easy decision to replace before using an RX 570 for me.

Reactions: John Chesterfield

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
It's not really a 550W PSU in any meaningful way. It's an ancient, low-quality design, and only has a +12V spec of 450W, meaning you're in group-regulated city. Add in the automatic downgrade for any PSU bought used -- this is safety equipment -- and this would be a very easy decision to replace before using an RX 570 for me.
Could you give me a source where i could learn what those wattages mean and so i can know myself all the important stuff myself so i can know what is good and what not, i live in serbia so there is not a lot of options that i wont overpay for