can I get Windows Vista back...I hate this one 8.0

25Libra1937

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
I have a new HP computer that I'm not very fond of...with windows 8.1...I had Vista on my old Dell and I liked it...is there anyway to get it back?

Solution
you can but you may find driver support is gone for most hardware or no one is supporting it --its the only reason I moved up to 7

they write a driver for xp -7- 8 - 8.1 but not for vista or if there is one its old

like if you use amd there last supported vista driver was 13.12 for cards - I was looking at a part and guys wrote in its reviews no vista support any more for it and so on

in the end that all I can see wrong with going back to vista cause I enjoyed it over 7 myself

Reyaz123

Admirable
Sorry, you will have to purchase vista to do that. You cannot transfer vista from one machine to another.

I believe you don't like 8.1 because of the start menu not being there? Correct?
We have a fix for that.

Download and install classic shell 4.2.1 from here: http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/
It will give your start menu back.

you can but you may find driver support is gone for most hardware or no one is supporting it --its the only reason I moved up to 7

they write a driver for xp -7- 8 - 8.1 but not for vista or if there is one its old

like if you use amd there last supported vista driver was 13.12 for cards - I was looking at a part and guys wrote in its reviews no vista support any more for it and so on

in the end that all I can see wrong with going back to vista cause I enjoyed it over 7 myself

Solution