Can I go to Windows 7 if I bought Windows 10?

TheDANKESTmemes

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016
As the title says, could I be able to downgrade to Windows 7 if I bought a Windows 10 serial? I'd like to know because I'm starting to dislike Windows 10 with all the forced updates that ruin it...
Thanks

Solution
you can use a windows 7/8 key to activate windows 10 but not the other way around. if you have a modern PC then windows 7 will not be supported and MS no longer provides security updates if it is used on a PC with a modern CPU

if you have the pro edition of windows 10 there are ways to turn updates off also if you are updated to the latest build of windows 10 there are more ways to control when updates are installed
you can use a windows 7/8 key to activate windows 10 but not the other way around. if you have a modern PC then windows 7 will not be supported and MS no longer provides security updates if it is used on a PC with a modern CPU

if you have the pro edition of windows 10 there are ways to turn updates off also if you are updated to the latest build of windows 10 there are more ways to control when updates are installed

Solution
I'm sure you know this already, but Microsoft is turning off their security updates in January 2020. In fact, as a Win7 user on two older machines, I have noticed during the past three years that the updates have become fewer and far between. MS stopped "mainstream" support for it in January 2015. If you value your security online, you'll go to Win10. And this is irrespective of Intel's security flaw. I was a clinger to Win7 after the Win8 disaster. But I was sold on Win10 on a laptop during their free upgrade period. I love it. Great on resources, back to classic Windows navigation, and generally, just snappier in feel. This is all irrespective of the fact I know it is constantly updated for security.