[SOLVED] Can I have 2 different ISP in one house (dsl)

Sep 15, 2019
So recently I moved in Germany and my internet speed is around 10mb/s and I decided to get a better offer from another ISP in the same house while keeping the old one. The new one is 50mb/s. My question is if it is possible to do so?

Solution
This is ask the second ISP. It all depends how many wires come into your house from the street. Most houses have 4 and normal dsl uses 2. To get 50mbps many times they use VDSL which needs 4.

It will me messy to use 2 ISP at the same time you can do it but unless you can plug different devices into different routers it requires lots a careful configurations.
This is ask the second ISP. It all depends how many wires come into your house from the street. Most houses have 4 and normal dsl uses 2. To get 50mbps many times they use VDSL which needs 4.

It will me messy to use 2 ISP at the same time you can do it but unless you can plug different devices into different routers it requires lots a careful configurations.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution
Sep 15, 2019

In that case then, is 50mbps enough for me to play League of Legends with constant ping and at the same time can 2-3 members of my family use the internet to browse instagram/facebook etc.?

Maybe. Games need very little bandwidth but unlike most other things they need both upload and download bandwidth. The vast majority of games need well under 1mbps of both upload and download.

It all depends on the mix of applications you have. Web browsing uses almost nothing. Things like netflix can use quite a bit of download bandwidth. Streaming or even video chat uses a lot of upload bandwidth.

Reactions: paulxd