[SOLVED] Can I have 2 rams from fabric with 3000 HHz and another 2 from fabric 3200 MHz

Dec 21, 2021
I currently have have 16GB ram with 3000mhz from fabric and I'm gonna buy another 16Gb of ram but do I need to buy exactly with 3000MHZ or can I buy with 3200MHZ
My motherboard is Rog b450 F gaming

Solution
what CPU? Infinity fabric runs depending on CPU you have, the 3000 series runs ram slower than 5000 series for instance.

the ram would run at the lower speed, so the 3200 would still run at 3000 if paired with it.

I assume the other 16gb is 2x8gb or do you only have 1 stick now?
If you only have 1 stick I would try to match the sticks and speed you have now,
Adding another set can lead to errors you aren't having now, trying to match 2 different sets together can lead to errors

mixing sticks that weren't sold together or at same time, in same shop, can lead to errors. Ryzen slightly more picky about ram than Intel cpu are.

I would buy 2 x 16gb set of 3200 and replace what you have. or 4 x 8gb, your choice. If they sold as a set...

Colif

Win 11 Master
what CPU? Infinity fabric runs depending on CPU you have, the 3000 series runs ram slower than 5000 series for instance.

the ram would run at the lower speed, so the 3200 would still run at 3000 if paired with it.

I assume the other 16gb is 2x8gb or do you only have 1 stick now?
If you only have 1 stick I would try to match the sticks and speed you have now,
Adding another set can lead to errors you aren't having now, trying to match 2 different sets together can lead to errors

mixing sticks that weren't sold together or at same time, in same shop, can lead to errors. Ryzen slightly more picky about ram than Intel cpu are.

I would buy 2 x 16gb set of 3200 and replace what you have. or 4 x 8gb, your choice. If they sold as a set they already tested to work together.

Last edited:
Solution