[SOLVED] Can I have a 144hz primary monitor while having a 75hz secondary?

amatthews1558

Commendable
Oct 1, 2020
The secondary monitor would be used for youtube, game research ect while the other would be for games. So my question is can i get the 144hz as a primary while having a 75hz secondary or will there be a bottleneck

Solution
A bottleneck in a PC is when one thing limits and/or holds back the maximum potential of another component because of it's own limitations.

I don't see how in any way this is a thing when dealing with more than one monitor.

Unless you were thinking that for some reason having a second monitor plugged in with a lower refresh rate would somehow keep you from being able to enable the higher refresh rate on the main monitor, which it would not.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
A bottleneck in a PC is when one thing limits and/or holds back the maximum potential of another component because of it's own limitations.

I don't see how in any way this is a thing when dealing with more than one monitor.

Unless you were thinking that for some reason having a second monitor plugged in with a lower refresh rate would somehow keep you from being able to enable the higher refresh rate on the main monitor, which it would not.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The secondary monitor would be used for youtube, game research ect while the other would be for games. So my question is can i get the 144hz as a primary while having a 75hz secondary or will there be a bottleneck
If both are plugged into the gpu, it can cause stuttering in game, so if your cpu has an iGPU, you can avoid that possibility entirely.

Reactions: amatthews1558

amatthews1558

Commendable
Oct 1, 2020

Ok yeah I was thinking a 75 hz would make my 144hz go 75hz. Just started learning about refresh rates for fps games