[SOLVED] Can I have alternative to real tek audio driver? Issues

babaika

Prominent
Nov 22, 2020
Hi,

H61M-P20 (G3) motherboard.
Win 7 32 bit.

Recently I formatted and installed fresh windows copy.
Installed real tek audio draiver (the one that motherboard website suggested)

The problem is that every time I unplug the headphones, the volume button in system tray becomes deactivated.
When I plug again - I do not get the sound straight away.
I get realtek interface popup where I have to pick what I just plugged in (headphones).
And only then I get the sound.

This is a no no since I remove headphones often.

Before that I had it that I can unplug and plug headphones without anything happening. So even when they are unplugged, volume button in the system tray was active.

I do not remember what drivers I installed the prevous time.
Can it be that I only installed chipset drivers and it was enough to activate sound?

Or what other solutions do i have to get rid of that ridiculous thing that every time I unplug and plug headphones, I have to deal with selecting headphones plugged in realtek interface?

I am considering reinstalling windows once again to try install only chipset drivers, if you say that might be enough.

I tried installing them now, but did not hep, seems realtek took priority or something.
I remember dealing with this last time I installed winows from scratch, but do not remember how I soved it.

Thanks

Solution
Hi,

Win 7 32 bit.

The problem is that every time I unplug the headphones, the volume button in system tray becomes deactivated.
I get realtek interface popup where I have to pick what I just plugged in (headphones).

Before that I had it that I can unplug and plug headphones without anything happening. So even when they are unplugged, volume button in the system tray was active.

I do not remember what drivers I installed the prevous...
Hi,

Win 7 32 bit.

I do not remember what drivers I installed the prevous time.
Can it be that I only installed chipset drivers and it was enough to activate sound?

Or what other solutions do i have to get rid of that ridiculous thing that every time I unplug and plug headphones, I have to deal with selecting headphones plugged in realtek interface?

I am considering reinstalling windows once again to try install only chipset drivers, if you say that might be enough.

I tried installing them now, but did not hep, seems realtek took priority or something.
I remember dealing with this last time I installed winows from scratch, but do not remember how I soved it.

Thanks
Depending on particular driver, in Reatek sound control panel there should be an option to disable port notification.

Reactions: babaika
Solution