[SOLVED] Can I have help please?

Roboninja2468

Reputable
May 27, 2020
My pc parts I currently use: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YPQHsk

I'm really confused
right now When I launch high intensity games it's fine for like 5-10 mins then it randomly crashes to my desktop, the game freezes for like a second.
I haven't oc'ed my gpu or cpu, and I checked my tempretures on my gpu and fps in game and it didn't spike before crashing. it just randomly crashes.
But when I play games like Leauge of legends or minecraft it doesn't do that at all I can play for hours and be fine.

Solution
If it's not the voltages or the temps....it would depend what I had access to....to swap in.

I would swap the GPU....or take it out and run on integrated graphics.....if I had integrated graphics.

I would also swap the power supply if I had one....even if I thought the voltages were good.
My pc parts I currently use: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YPQHsk

I'm really confused
right now When I launch high intensity games it's fine for like 5-10 mins then it randomly crashes to my desktop, the game freezes for like a second.
I haven't oc'ed my gpu or cpu, and I checked my tempretures on my gpu and fps in game and it didn't spike before crashing. it just randomly crashes.
But when I play games like Leauge of legends or minecraft it doesn't do that at all I can play for hours and be fine.
What are your temps?

Also....it may be the power supply.

You can check the voltages with HWInfo (most of the time).
They should remain within 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3V.....at all times....including under load. If they don't, you can get a crash.

Roboninja2468

Reputable
May 27, 2020
Most of the time...if the power supply is the problem....the voltages will go low.

So for the 12V....it can't go below 11.4.
The 5 can't go below 4.75.

Was it running under a heavy load when you recorded those voltages? You want to run it under a heavy load.
I was running gta v when doing it, all high setting/very high while benchmarking and then played for a little bit after but it didn't crash that time

I was running gta v when doing it, all high setting/very high while benchmarking and then played for a little bit after but it didn't crash that time
I think you can set up a log file in HWinfo.
If you do this.....it will log the voltages to a file.
If you set it up this way and let it run....then you can play right up to the crash.

Then reboot....open the log file....and look at the voltages right at the end.

Roboninja2468

Reputable
May 27, 2020
I think you can set up a log file in HWinfo.
If you do this.....it will log the voltages to a file.
If you set it up this way and let it run....then you can play right up to the crash.

Then reboot....open the log file....and look at the voltages right at the end.
ok, I will try that, I just ran gta 5 again no crashes no problems the min +12 I got was 12.038
and min +5 was 5.088

If it's not the voltages or the temps....it would depend what I had access to....to swap in.

I would swap the GPU....or take it out and run on integrated graphics.....if I had integrated graphics.

I would also swap the power supply if I had one....even if I thought the voltages were good.

Solution

Roboninja2468

Reputable
May 27, 2020
I'm confused now because I just ran destiny which is one of the games that crashes frequently like very often I ran it for like 15-20 mins and it didn't crash, the lowest my voltage went was 12.038

I'm confused now because I just ran destiny which is one of the games that crashes frequently like very often I ran it for like 15-20 mins and it didn't crash, the lowest my voltage went was 12.038
Well.....I would keep running it. There's not much else to do.

Another thing you could do is (if the problem comes back)....power down the system completely....and disconnect and reconnect the connectors.....and reseat the GPU and whatever other cards you might have.

I don't have any spare parts :/ I just ran warzone and the voltage dropped to 11.986 but didn't crash
One thing to keep in mind....the voltage can very drop briefly....and that's all it takes is a split second of low voltage to cause a crash.

I wonder why it's not crashing now. Is something different?

Sometimes....if you have something like a refrigerator on the same breaker circuit....when the fridge comes on.....the voltage in the whole circuit drops and that can also cause a crash.

Roboninja2468

Reputable
May 27, 2020
One thing to keep in mind....the voltage can very drop briefly....and that's all it takes is a split second of low voltage to cause a crash.

I wonder why it's not crashing now. Is something different?

Sometimes....if you have something like a refrigerator on the same breaker circuit....when the fridge comes on.....the voltage in the whole circuit drops and that can also cause a crash.
Computers can be very odd, it was like this for 2 days now it stopped?. maybe my amd drivers thought I overclocked and gave me overclocked settings but showed me stock settings therefore causing my psu to work harder? i'm not sure now I'll let you know if something happens

Computers can be very odd, it was like this for 2 days now it stopped?. maybe my amd drivers thought I overclocked and gave me overclocked settings but showed me stock settings therefore causing my psu to work harder? i'm not sure now I'll let you know if something happens
I'd also look at simpler things like...check the power cord is tight...make sure you don't have too much on that circuit....and just keep any eye out for something that might have changed.

Roboninja2468

Reputable
May 27, 2020
I'd also look at simpler things like...check the power cord is tight...make sure you don't have too much on that circuit....and just keep any eye out for something that might have changed.
I think ik a theory on what might of happend
the amd software has a overclock gpu button and a default stock button to choose, and the gpu was overclocked but the software thought it was on stock, then this caused the games to crash

Roboninja2468

Reputable
May 27, 2020
My game just crashed on gta V after like 30 mins of playing I checked my voltage min 12.038
do you think it's because I was downloading a game at the same time while in discord talking to people?