[SOLVED] Can i improve something in my system?

Apr 5, 2019
I'm planning to build an extreme gaming PC, I'm wondering about some components though. Is 9th gen i5 9600K good to pair with RTX 2070? Or should I pair i7 9700K with RTX2070? Will you notice those 2 extra cores in i7? With 32 Gb of Ram 3000. And is it worth to pay extra for RTX 2080?

Rather new to PC building, so not sure about components / bottlenecking.
Thanks!

Solution
What resolution and Hz is your monitor?

You won’t need 32Gb for any gaming, 16gb is plenty. You can save the money or invest in something where it will make a difference. I personally wouldn’t pick an i5, although it can get slightly better FPS than Ryzen there are several games that when pushing higher FPS the i5’s are close to or even hitting 100% usage, I just don’t see any headroom for the future. I’d only look at Ryzen 2600 or i7 9700k.
What resolution and Hz is your monitor?

You won’t need 32Gb for any gaming, 16gb is plenty. You can save the money or invest in something where it will make a difference. I personally wouldn’t pick an i5, although it can get slightly better FPS than Ryzen there are several games that when pushing higher FPS the i5’s are close to or even hitting 100% usage, I just don’t see any headroom for the future. I’d only look at Ryzen 2600 or i7 9700k.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS