asus a8n32-sli
74gig raptor
550W PSU dual 12V

anything i can add to make it beter?

HarryRockwell

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
looks nice.

I was wondering why you only have the 1 raptor and not a data drive to go with it? Is the machine exclusively for gaming or something?

tahoe5280

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Sure, you can dip it in chocolate. :lol:

But seriously, that sounds like a great setup. Of course, if you added another video card to take advantage of the SLI, or maybe upgrade your monitor, it would be improved.

However, I would be stoked to have the specs you mentioned in your original post. I'm officially jealous. :D

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

But seriously, that sounds like a great setup. Of course, if you added another video card to take advantage of the SLI, or maybe upgrade your monitor, it would be improved.

However, I would be stoked to have the specs you mentioned in your original post. I'm officially jealous. :D

21" sony monitor, and i cannot find a game that at 1600X1200 can bog down the card....

i did think about this the other night, and i ended up content... just have some more cash to throw at it, so thinking what i can improve...

tahoe5280

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Well, if you're at the point where you're maxxed out on technology, maybe you would want to think about case mods and lighting.

I don't know if you're into that, but if I had a system that dope, I'd want to show off the insides with a windowed case and some cool lighting. Or maybe build a custom case that is totally unique.

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
DSCN0021.jpg

i returned this camera, but you will get the point...

tahoe5280

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
I like the blue lights in the front of the case. But I was referring to windowed panel with interior lighting, to show off your awesome hardware.

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
the rear fan is blus, as is the interior front, the PSU goes from red, green and blue, side fan is blus, and it has a window, but a custom job would be cool. dont know if i have the time thou. i had to earn the money for the PC now i am earning alot but have no time lol.

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Cool!!! I think it's fast already! Raid configuration would be nice. Water cooling system equals more overclockability. LCD monitor equals less space.

its got water, i am waiting for the OCZ phaze change system.....
i hate all the LCD's made.

i am thinking of adding another 74gig raptor for raid, but i really dont want to re-install everything.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006

21" sony monitor, and i cannot find a game that at 1600X1200 can bog down the card....

i did think about this the other night, and i ended up content... just have some more cash to throw at it, so thinking what i can improve...
F.E.A.R. 1600X1200 4XSSAA and 16XAF will slow your card down. Also you could get a Creative X-FI. Another thing you might want to think about is Windows XP 64-bit edition. A few games support it, and more are coming.

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

F.E.A.R. 1600X1200 4XSSAA and 16XAF will slow your card down. Also you could get a Creative X-FI. Another thing you might want to think about is Windows XP 64-bit edition. A few games support it, and more are coming.

when i asked that at amdzone.com <useless site< they said i wouldent need it anytime soon, i wish i would have asked here.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
nice benchmark score! Mine is about 4850!

Pentium D 840
Gigabyte GA-8N SLI Royal motherboard
2 Gb DDR2 Corsair XMS2 Pro
BFG Tech 7800 GTX 256
3X 74 Gb WD Raptor

Don't know much when it comes to overclocking my video card.

scoobertscoobydoo

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
i could probally hit 5500 if i re-overclock the processor. i found 2750 to be stable 99% of the time, where 2.8 seems a little unstable, but i need to allow the CPU to burn-in before the big numbers.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
I dont think I could go for 5000! I might start a fire, you know intel is aslo pretty good in heating the room. Im here in Chicago and we got snow outside right now, my window is crack open a bit and my room is warm. I might as well get some marshmallows and cook it on top of my CPU. Its about 50 right now, maybe I should get water cooling like you do. But Im paranoid it would leak and end up frying my system.

I like your system..soon..I'm planning to build me another rig. Im a big fan of Intel, but I'm going for AMD this time. It's not like intel is bad, but I'm going for more power for the same price. It will be my first AMD pc! Sorry Intel.

How much is your set up? If you don't mind me asking.

TRENDING THREADS