Can i increase upload ethernet speed?

anastbogia1

Reputable
Jan 21, 2018
I host a minecraft server on my pc but my upload speed is terrible (~2Mbps). I live in greece and ISPs dont even mention upload speeds in their plans, they just say "30Mbps Internet". While download speeds are up to the claims i need faster uploads aswell. Can a router upgrade improve it?
[I have 30Mbps VDSL By Vodafone Greece with router ZTE ZXHN H267A]

anastbogia1

Reputable
Jan 21, 2018

Is this why they have also blocked port-forwarding through the router's page?

kanewolf

Titan

I have no way to know WHY they have configured their hardware in a specific way.

Everybody can port forward all day long, that's a function of your own NAT device, unless your NAT device is ISP provided and locked. ISP is known to block port 80 incoming for example (default HTTP) but is easy enough to bypass for people who know what they are doing.

For your upload, either get the next plan, or a business-class account should do it. I keep saying online gaming is one expensive hobby.

30mbps down / 2mpbs up - you're more or less at the max of DSL technology. To get "better" upload, you need new technology - cable or fiber.

Another way to do it is reconsider why you want faster upload. If you're hosting a site, consider moving it to a hosting provider.

anastbogia1

Reputable
Jan 21, 2018

Im hosting a minecraft server and id rather host it on my pc than use a company, its free.
Fiber is 100Mbps and its around 35% more expensive

JoeMcDonalds27

Reputable
BANNED
Mar 26, 2016
  • Remove malware. Malware is one of the things that can slow your computer’s speed down most, so you should make sure you don’t have any viruses. You can do this by downloading antivirus software and by making sure that it’s working properly.

• Change your DNS settings. Different domain name servers (DNS) have different speeds. You can change your DNS by finding the fastest ones and entering the code manually in your internet settings or by downloading tools to help get the fastest ones. Two reliable tools are Google DNS and OpenDNS, but there are also some professional level ones that you have to pay for.

• Update device drivers. If your device drivers are outdated it can really slow you down. You can update them by clicking ‘update device drivers’ in your network adapter’s options menu.

Regards,
Joe

Last edited: