Can I insert a DVD/CD ROM on this case?

Solution

From the review it states that it has one 5 1/4" external bay (for a CD/DVD drive) - You can install one CD/DVD drive.

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

well this is the review of the case : https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NOX_XTREME/Coolbay_CX/

From the review it states that it has one 5 1/4" external bay (for a CD/DVD drive) - You can install one CD/DVD drive.

Solution

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

Yes thank's a lot, like I said, im a n00b.

Thank you so much once again :) :D

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

thats why im here !

I prefer to feel stupid for 5min over then a life time, thats why i'm askin', and I will probably ask some more questions in the near future lol

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

Well that's another problem, I still dont have the Case, but I will receive it in a few day's or a week and i wanted to insert my SATA DVD on it, and i dont know if i can insert the DVD directly throo inside the case (opening the machine), or if i need to take out the front part of the case to insert the DVD (if i need to take out the front part of the machine, I'm afraid to break it, I already opened several machines from the front part, but on a case like that, never tryed it

To install a CD/DVD drive you will have to open the front as well as the side panel of the case in order to secure the mounting screws and connect the SATA data and power cable. The manual will explain this. There will also be online instructions from the case manufacturer's website; maybe some YouTube videos too.

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

Ye I know that i need to remove the front panel, but thats what im afraid off, of breaking it....
and i already checked youtube for that case and i didnt found anything
But yes i hope it comes with a manual..... because i think that PC is a store made PC, they ask for the components online and build it, i dont know if there will be any manual, I hope it comes, it usually comes with one...

[/quotemsg]
Ye I know that i need to remove the front panel, but thats what im afraid off, of breaking it....
and i already checked youtube for that case and i didnt found anything
But yes i hope it comes with a manual..... because i think that PC is a store made PC, they ask for the components online and build it, i dont know if there will be any manual, I hope it comes, it usually comes with one...
[/quotemsg]

The Front panel on most cases is secured by plastic tabs. On my case to remove the lower portion of the front panel I need to firmly hold the bottom portion and with one swift motion I need to yank it out; one swift motion (HAF-X case). Most front panels have similar tabs that have to be firmly and quickly yanked out.

First try to see whether you can remove the slot cover where you will mount the DVD drive. It might just push out from the inside.

If necessary, I suggest that you take the side panel off, and then very carefully look at how the front panel is secured. Look for the platic tabs. Usually the front panel can be removed only in a certain direction.

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

Ye, i have around 4 cases at home, and most of them it uses plastic tabs and its pretty easy to open, but on my new pc im afraid of doing s***....

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH, FOR THE HELP, (the links & everything else), I love this forum, very helpfull and fast and very nice people around.

Thanks once again :D

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

By the way, remove the cover => you mean => remove the slide doors right?

(sorry, my mother-language its not english)

Yes, remove the side panel - and the cover is the plastic cover that covers the opening for the DVD drive.

dead_mentor

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015

Ooh, I just hope the cover doesnt break when I push it /or remove any plastic support & I gotta check if I need to unscrew something too

[/quotemsg]

Ooh, I just hope the cover doesnt break when I push it /or remove any plastic support & I gotta check if I need to unscrew something too

[/quotemsg]
Remove the side panel of the case, and then look inside the case and see how the front panel DVD cover is fastened - most probably it has plastic tabs that are holding it in place. Use a small flashlight and check this. Push firmly and the cover will pop out. At this point you will not need it any longer because the DVD drive will be in this place.