Question Can i insert Two graphics cards in one same PC….?

lse123

Prominent
Jul 3, 2023
Can i insert Two graphics cards in one same PC….?
If yes, is it required to be identical the graphics cards...?
And the motherboard must support it?

lse123

Prominent
Jul 3, 2023
You may use one for the VM guest OS and the other for the host PC OS, ...

I have a spare Graphics Card from an ancient PC from 2008-year, which has problems, and only disassembly Parts are helpful, so I plan to do some Practicing, my hardware skills too, ...

lse123

Prominent
Jul 3, 2023
My PC good PC is having NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti and is PC===HP COMPAQ 8200 ELITE MT

The second PC from 2008-year is having the repurposed NVIDIA GeForce GT 730...

well...?

In general, the answer is if you have two PCIe x16 slots, you can use any two graphics cards you want. Whether or not the OS will make use of it depends on driver support. They will not compliment each other in terms of performance, i.e., they won't both be used in a game, except you buy two of the same card and use SLI or Crossfire, but even then it's a crapshoot if it'll work or provide benefit.

The most common use case for having just another video card in the computer is to add display outputs.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
SLI/XFire is dead at this point. there is no reason to consider 2 cards, even identical ones, for that purpose. it has to be programmed into a game and no one is doing that anymore. you can't just plug in 2 cards and say "work together". does not work that way.

so again if you have separate uses for the 2 cards, then by all means use them in the same PC. otherwise, save the trouble and only use one.