Can I install a 2nd ssd hard drive and how?

lildb585

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I have a intel 60 gig ssd 330i series (updated firmware) hard drive with my win 8 OS installed on it and its necessary files. idk y it from from 58 gig to whopping 21 gigs after win 8 install. Its prolly bc thats how big win 8 is? But thats not y im posting this.

I also have a 2 Tb WD hhd. There both running perfectly.
Right now i have my Bf3 and some programs on my WD 2tb hd.

I just bought this Intel 120 gig ssd 520 series Hard drive. I want to add it to my Pc.
and just use that for my High End games and backup also. meaning putting bf3 on it and far cry 3. Just high graphic games. eventually far cry three. I use origin and steam a lot. so ill put them on the ssd 520. I can migrate my ssd 60 gig files to this ssd 120 gig. Whatever's best.

so again, someone tell me if i can put this ssd 520 card in my system and how safely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7 3770k 3.5ghz
Asrock z77 Extreme4
16gig ram
Gtx 680 2g

[Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver version 6.2.2900.16384]

[Intel 7 series/C216 Chipset family SATA AHCI Controller - 1E02 Driver Version 9.3.0.1024]

[Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller - Driver Version 6.2.2900.16384]

suteck

Distinguished
Yes you can install and run them both. Yes, win 8 is about 30 GBs. You can use the second ssd as just another drive,like your 2 TB drive, or, you can run the two ssd drives in raid 0 and they will combine and look like 1 drive, approx 165GBs. However, you will have to configure them as a raid 0 and THEN install your windows 8 operating system.

In truth you will not really gain a lot by running your games on a SSD. You would be better of moving your games over to your 2tb drive and running them from there. I would not hurt to move your Windows install to a bigger SSD at some point but I would still run the games from your HDD. I have Windows 8 on a 90gig SSD and OS X 10.8.2 on another 120gig SSD. I run my games on separate 3tb drives and really my games start up really fast this way.

lildb585

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
So ill go into bios, change my ssd to raid. Put win 8 in cd drive. Turn off my pc. Install my 120ssd hd. Boot up pc... Would I go into bios n would it detect my 2nd ssd hd? To make that raid. What's this raid o... Anyways. Then boot from cd to in stall win 8. I would want to keep my files n just reinstall win 8 n put the os in the 120 ssd hd. I'm new to this ssd hd's. I'm trying to avoid refomating my he's. I might have to huh? I know about the disc manager n I can make anothe letter n just xclean the 120 gig. That was off tangent ha

U tell me how to.

lildb585

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

I do have my games in my 2 tb. Idk just I guessfrom reading around that ur mmost usedpprograms should be in ur ssd drives.

To move my win 8 to a bigger SSD hd I would just use the migrate program?