[SOLVED] Can I install a GPU in my Acer Aspire AXC-230?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvgtb14

Prominent
May 24, 2019
Hello, I own an Acer Aspire XC-230 desktop
I was wondering if this PC can have a GPU such as a GTX 720 installed? I think I can see a slot for one, but I am not too certain and am new with upgrading.
Thanks!

Solution
Yes, that unit has a x16 PCIe slot for a graphics card. It would be helpful to know the EXACT sub model or express service tag number, because there are multiple form factor versions of that PC and some may not support full size cards, only low profile models. Probably it is fine if you do not have the slim or small form factor case, but if you do, then you will likely need a shorter card, but I think you'll be fine.
Yes, that unit has a x16 PCIe slot for a graphics card. It would be helpful to know the EXACT sub model or express service tag number, because there are multiple form factor versions of that PC and some may not support full size cards, only low profile models. Probably it is fine if you do not have the slim or small form factor case, but if you do, then you will likely need a shorter card, but I think you'll be fine.

Solution

pvgtb14

Prominent
May 24, 2019
Thanks! I think I own the small case, I'll do some more research to be sure. I only need a small card anyways because the stock pc is extremely slow, but I'm sure if I upgrade RAM to 16GB and use some kind of GPU I'll be fine. Thankyou for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.