Question Can I install a gtx 1650 super single fan in a dell optiplex 7010 mini tower?

ramizromani8

Commendable
Jun 5, 2018
Well I initially wanted to install the two fan version but I coudn't as it wouldn't fit in my case so I decided to look for the single fan version.... So will it fit in it? And another thing I am afraid of is that the gpu may overheat ( the temp. Is around 35 celsius in my country).
Another thing... Can I move my computer components into any other bigger cases or do I have to look for a specific type of cases?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The problem with Dell Optiplex from that era is that they put the SATA headers right in line where the gfx card extends. (on purpose, I think) , Whatever gfx card you use needs to be short enough to clear the headers that you need to plug into. Measure how much room you have and then check that against the length specs of the particular cfard you want to buy.

The next item to check is the PSU. Stock Dell PSU? If so, no. It doesn't have a 6-pin connector and doesn't have the +12V rail capacity to handle the GTX 1650 Super.

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Be careful with dual slot grapics cards on these systems that were intended for office use as I had an Acer mb that the cooler from a dual slot gpu would cover the PCI-E 4X slot. For you, you might be able to get a riser cable and route it away into a different slot and carve a slot into the case to fit something into Maybe..? I dont know about using a 7010 (MINI TOWER) as small form factor pc’s (Especially office ones) will sacrifice features to become small form factors. If your lucky enough to find a cheap 1070 Katana or Inno 3D 1050ti single slot than I would go for that.